Did you know…
- that 50% of the 7.5 billion people on earth are Internet users (annual growth 10%)
- that >85% of the people in North America and Europe are Internet users
- that 66% of the 7.5 billion people on earth are mobile phone users, and each one of them has 1.6 SIM cards/contracts on average (8 billion, more SIM cards than people on earth)
- that 45% of global web traffic comes from laptops & desktop (down by 20% from last year)
- that 50% of global web traffic comes from mobile phones (up by 30%)
- that 37% of the global population are social media users and 55% of them check in every day
- that an average smartphone uses 1.9 GB of data per month (globally!)
You can learn this, and much more from the 105 slides titled “Digital in 2017 Global Overview” from Hootsuite and We are Social.
I have added a few interesting ones below:
PS: If you like how we think about IT and networks, check out our software PRTG Network Monitor which monitors uptime, usage and performance of networks.